× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sharing a UPS between two NAS units

x219c
Luminary

Sharing a UPS between two NAS units

Hey guys,

I have a 516 and 316 plugged into the same UPS. It only has one USB, and it's plugged into the 516. I see the option, and have attempted to share it via the network... I just get an invalid password error. How do I take advantage of this feature so that the other NAS will shut down?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@x219c wrote:

I guess it's not so much a problem as it is that I don't know how to set it up. I just got an invalid password error.

What do I set as the address? I was using the ip of the host. Do I need a port? 

The username for the UPS is "monuser" and the password is "pass".  Is that what you were using?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23121/~/how-do-i-add-a-ups-to-my-readynas-os-6-storage...

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which firmware are you running on each of the two NAS units?

Message 2 of 7
x219c
Luminary

The latest available. 6.4.2 on both units.

Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you provide a screenshot of the problem?

Message 4 of 7
x219c
Luminary

I guess it's not so much a problem as it is that I don't know how to set it up. I just got an invalid password error.

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@x219c wrote:

The username for the UPS is "monuser" and the password is "pass".  Is that what you were using?

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23121/~/how-do-i-add-a-ups-to-my-readynas-os-6-storage...

Message 6 of 7
x219c
Luminary

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements