× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Try to rescue my data buy using second hand Nas

BieKee
Aspirant

Try to rescue my data buy using second hand Nas

Hi, my Readynas NVX Pioneer edition seems to have given up. It looks to me like an OS problem. The webinterface shows less and less after each reboot, options disappear, the option that were still there are not cahngeble anymore, ssh access doesn't work anymore and that plug-in does not install anymore,,etc...

Suppose I would try to put the 4 disks in another Readynas NVX (the same type as I have now, found second hand), does anyone know the procedure?

Should I create a simular configuration on some old disks and then put my 4 disks in. Any tips?

Thanks in advance and regards...

Model: ReadyNAS RNDX400E|ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Chassis only
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Try to rescue my data buy using second hand Nas

Your 4GB root volume was filled with 3.6GB of data from a backup job. This problem would have remained moving the disks to another chassis.

Your NAS is rebooting and you should be able to access your data now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If the problem is with the disks or on the disks it'll remain moving the disks to another chassis. I've sent you a PM.

Also the NVX was discontinued several years ago.

If you must get a second hand unit running RAIDiator-x86 I'd get an Ultra/Ultra Plus/Pro as they're better models with 64-bit CPUs.

Even so the Ultra/Ultra Plus/Pro were discontinued about 5 years ago now.

There's no warranty or support for second hand units though.

It'd be much better to get a new x86 4-bay ReadyNAS e.g. RN424, RN524X and follow ReadyNAS: Migrating disks from RAIDiator 4.2 to ReadyNAS OS 6 (x86), but again that process working smoothly relies on the problem being just with the old chassis, not with the disks or what's on them.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your 4GB root volume was filled with 3.6GB of data from a backup job. This problem would have remained moving the disks to another chassis.

Your NAS is rebooting and you should be able to access your data now.

Message 3 of 4
BieKee
Aspirant

Many, many thanks, It is working again. I think it went wrong when i cancelled a backup job. I couldn't restart the job again (status stayed on cancelled) and then i decided to reboot via ssh, since restarting via the interface also didn't work anymore. Not shure if it would have been solved if had given it more time?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements