× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trying to Rebuild Volume in replacement RN104 device

manavjs
Aspirant

Trying to Rebuild Volume in replacement RN104 device

Hi Everyone

A newbie here - I have a ReadyNas 104 which had the default XRaid setup with 2X3TB and a 4TB HDD Disks installed.

The unit had developed minor power supply issue and I received a new RN104 unit. The HDD were all ok. The device arrives in a day, however now I am confused on how to setup this new device so that I do not lose any of my data (from the HDD) and this volume can be rebuild the way it was with the previous setup I was running.

Anyone who has ever tried this ? Can someone give me some steps / guidance on how to go about setting this up ?
Much appreciate if anyone can help!!

Thanks
Manav
Message 1 of 2
vandermerwe
Master

Re: Trying to Rebuild Volume in replacement RN104 device

Put a spare disk into the new unit and boot it up.
Upgrade the firmware on the new unit to match or exceed that on the old unit.
Power off the new unit.
Remove the disks from the old unit with the power off, label them according to the slot they are in.
Insert the disks into the new unit in exactly the same positions. Make sure they power is off and that you insert all 3 disks.
Power on the new unit and everything should be as it was on the old unit.

You should always have a backup of the data on the NAS, and it would be advisable to have a backup before moving the disks across.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements