× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 4 plus OS 6 to OS 4

glefebvre
Aspirant

Ultra 4 plus OS 6 to OS 4

Hello, a while ago I upgraded my Ultra 4 plus from OS 4 to OS 6 following the info here and it has been running fine up until now.  Now I'm have nothing but issue with the unit and it has destroyed my array several time.  Currently running 6.9.4.  I'd like to go back to OS 4 which was a lot more stable on my unit.  However, every time I have tired to go back to OS 4 and pick the 4.2.31 file from the setting tab and try to do a manual install, the system is telling me that "Uploaded file is not a ReadyNASOS file."  How to I go back to OS 4 that is running OS 6?

Model: ReadyNASRNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ultra 4 plus OS 6 to OS 4

See this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/Downgrade-to-RAIDiator-x86-from-ReadyNAS-OS-notsu...

The link to the special downgrade image is working.

Message 2 of 6
glefebvre
Aspirant

Thank you for info.  I'll give it a try.

Message 3 of 6
glefebvre
Aspirant

I downloaded the file and tried to install it.  Now I'm getting the following error: "Unrecognized server error."

Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Did you try installing it from the system->settings page, or did you try to install it as an app?

Also, did you try rebooting the NAS, and looking for the "corrupt root" status?

Message 5 of 6
glefebvre
Aspirant

Yes, I tried installing it in the System -> Setting page.  Yes, I did reboot the NAS and did not receive the "corrupt root" message, the unit just rebooted as normale.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements