× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 6 poor write speeds after FW upgrade

DionM
Aspirant

Re: Ultra 6 poor write speeds after FW upgrade

Yes I've tried them directly connected with my Dell laptop. Flow control seems to make no difference (it is turned off in my switch anyway).

Support told me to turn on Jumbo Frames. Not much help!
Message 26 of 31
victorhortalive
Aspirant

Then apart from the NIC drivers I'm out of ideas.
My problem was with Read rates not Write rates.
Message 27 of 31
chf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I also had terrible read-performance (14 MB/s read, 20 MB/S write), and I solved it by disabling the "Large Send Offload" properties in the advanced setting of the network adapter (mine is a RealTek onboard NIC).
Jumbo frames are also disabled, and I manually set the "Speed & Duplex" property to "1Gbps Full Duplex".
Another thing that I disabled were all IPv6-related properties.

I found these solutions in the following threads:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itpronetworking/thread/c30f6649-a0d9-4f5e-8671-904a8...
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/4537c7b6-9761-41c5-8b47-0ecb831c857...

The symptom that I saw was that on the PC where I wanted to copy-from/to, the CPU-load spiked to 100% when starting a copy-action. After making the changes, it was solved.

The drivers that I'm currently using are the latest ones from the Realtek site (7.46.610.2011 2011/06/10).

Hope it can help someone else as well...

Cheers,
Charles
Message 28 of 31
DionM
Aspirant

Thanks chf for the info, no change for me when doing that.

Still no progress on this issue. Netgear closed my support ticket, just submitted a new one.

I think I am just going to have to leave JF disabled and use the reduced performance.
Message 29 of 31
SwitchedToDeath
Aspirant

If any of you have ssh installed try this.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/testing-disk-speed-the-dd-test-31069

My experiance has been that the disk write speed is plenty fast still so the change to GPT is missleading. It's looking like network transfer speeds.

At the disk I'm getting 122 MB/s write and 373 MB read but network transfers are poor maybe there is some change in the network settings that needs "jogged".
Message 30 of 31
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

DionM please edit the thread title (i.e. subject of the first post in the thread) to include your current case number. Do note that after a period of time where you haven't made a post to your case (I think it's about a few weeks or so) the support system automatically assumes your case has been resolved and closes it.
Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements