× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 6 visible, but not reachable

bartw
Aspirant

Ultra 6 visible, but not reachable

Hi,

I have a Ultra6 with 3 x 4TB in it. 

The system gave an error (disk error, volume unrpotected) and after a reboot resynced.

But now I cannot access it anymore. 

It is visible on the network (using RAIDAR), but I cannot mount the volumes, cannot connect to Frontview.

Unfortunately, apparently I did not active ssh on this device, so not ssh to log into the unit.

I've done a OS Reinstall, but that did not help either.

What are my options ?

TIA,

Bart

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Ultra 6 visible, but not reachable

If you are the original purchaser, then one option is to contact support.netgear.com and arrange for per-incident support.

If you have a current backup, you could of course do a factory reset and rebuilt the NAS (restoring data from backup). 

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Ultra 6 visible, but not reachable

What is the status shown in RAIDar?  I have seen a bad drive prevent the volume from mounting.  If you know for sure which drive was reported as bad, try booting without it.  But be warned, if you remove the wrong drive and boot, there is a possibility your volume will be forever lost (assuming it's not already, which is a likely assumtion unless you somehow lost a second drive during all this).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements