× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra6 LCD screen problem after 6.6.1 upgrade

kekegsm
Guide

Ultra6 LCD screen problem after 6.6.1 upgrade

Hi

Yesterday I upgraded OS from 4.2.30 to 6.6.1. More-less fine (usually fan problem and CPUtemp is constant), but one can't find: LCD screen error. It working 99%, but uncorrect at DISK3. It show only the top and bottom line from the little box (not the side lines), and no 3 in the box, just a small line in the right bottom corner, like an mirrored aphostrofe.

I have only 3 disk, no idea about DISC4-6.

All other working good, texts are perfect.

Any idea?

Model: ReadyNASRNDU6000|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
adamwilt
Aspirant

Re: Ultra6 LCD screen problem after 6.6.1 upgrade

I had the same problem on an Ultra 6 upgrading from 4.2.30 to 6.6.0 a couple of weeks ago. After I rebooted the disk array rendered properly and I haven't seen that visual problem since (lots of other things don't work reliably—I'm still not sure I shouldn't roll back to 4.2.28 or 4.2.30—but the front-panel display has been fine).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello kekegsm,

Welcome to the community!

I am not sure if you should update tot he latest instead of going through 6.5.0 or 6.6.0 first since you are using a ReadyNAS OS4 unit. I suggest you back up the data first if you have already have them stored to the ReayNAS volume then factory reset or perhaps wait for other community members who have uploaded OS6 to their OS4 units too to respond.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Upgrading from RAIDiator-x86 to OS6 requires a factory reset so that will have already been done.

Message 3 of 6
adamwilt
Aspirant

I had the same problem on an Ultra 6 upgrading from 4.2.30 to 6.6.0 a couple of weeks ago. After I rebooted the disk array rendered properly and I haven't seen that visual problem since (lots of other things don't work reliably—I'm still not sure I shouldn't roll back to 4.2.28 or 4.2.30—but the front-panel display has been fine).

Message 4 of 6
kekegsm
Guide

thx Jen, but I am sure, i can. Not the first NAS in my life, dont worry.

adamwilt, after 4-5 reboot, it started to working. Weird.

You wrote "(lots of other things don't work reliably". Please write them, maybe we can found something together.

Message 5 of 6
adamwilt
Aspirant

Model: ReadyNASRNDU6000|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Chassis only
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements