× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to my NAS under windows explorer

clachance
Aspirant

Unable to connect to my NAS under windows explorer

Hi,

I just upgraded my account to MyNetgear and installed latest update.  Since these changes, i cant connect to my NAS anymore using Windows Explorer.  Everytime it asks for a username and password, but it fails and popup an error. Im not sure if it is related to the merge account with MyNetgear and ReadyNAS. Need help on this one please.

What do i need to check on my side to debug this?

Christian.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Hopchen
Prodigy

Re: Unable to connect to my NAS under windows explorer

Hi clachance,

Seems like you have a similar issue to what is discussed in this thread here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/No-Network-Access-To-Shares-After-Upgrade-To-6-...

Please try and follow the advise given in that thread. It should solve you problem.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello clachance,

Welcome to the community!

How do you connect to the NAS using Windwos explorer? Do you type \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS in the address bar of Windows explorer? If you have ReadyCloud desktop client installed, log it out then type manually map the NAS IP address.

Also, are you able to get to the admin page of the NAS? What is the FW version of the NAS?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi clachance,

Seems like you have a similar issue to what is discussed in this thread here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/No-Network-Access-To-Shares-After-Upgrade-To-6-...

Please try and follow the advise given in that thread. It should solve you problem.

Cheers

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements