× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to register license: please check your network setting.

tfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unable to register license: please check your network setting.

I have factory reset my 2100 readynas and am attempting to get Replicate up and running. When I attempt to go through "Device Registration" after putting in my License key and information, I get "Unable to register license: please check your network setting.'

I have quadruple checked all the internet settings, DNS, gateway, etc... I have tried through DHCP and manual. I have changed DNS to just use 8.8.8.8, etc... Is there something I might be missing to get this going?

Model: RNRX4430|READYNAS™ 2100 12TB ADVANCED NETWORK STORAGE|EOL
Message 1 of 10
StephenB
Guru

You might need support's help on this, as Replicate is being phased out.  New registrations are not accepted (and your re-registration might be blocked by that).

Message 2 of 10
tfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ugh, I was hoping that wasn't going to be the answer. I'm unsure how to even contact support on this. The ability to contact 'support' seems to put me in a loop 😞

Message 3 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 4 of 10
tfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sent with ATTN to you. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I can't see anything obvious looking at the logs. Have you tested email alerts to see if those are working?

Message 6 of 10
tfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just sent a test alert and it arrived without fail. Ugh, I just wanted to clear that phantom space that wouldn't go away. I'm dead in the water at this point. I mean, I had no issue downloading and installing Replicate through the add-ons. I can see the device/access remotely on VLAN. I can AFP and SMB with no issue. 

Is it really possible that I cannot re-register? Meaning, is it actually connecting and then being denied or am I truly having "network setting" issues?

Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It was my understanding that creating new Remote/Replicate accounts is what was blocked. Though it could be more than that.

Message 8 of 10
tfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

You reckon I'm out of luck?

Message 9 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I've sent you a PM.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements