× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to update or uninstall apps

BingDanT
Aspirant

Unable to update or uninstall apps

Hi,

just updated to firmware 6.9.4 and updated to the new Tautulli app but my system won’t allow me to update or remove any more apps ?

can anyone help as my system is grinding to a hault ?

thanks

D.

Message 1 of 3
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to update or uninstall apps

Are you able to enabled Secure Diagnostics Mode and PM me the 5 digit number?

If you are not able to do that at this time, you can also send us your logs (info in my signature).

It sounds like you are running into package issue where apt is getting stuck on. Based on what the logs/app information will be helpful in clearing up apt/apps to get things working again.

Message 2 of 3
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Unable to update or uninstall apps

This issue came up from having a previously installed app that did not have some of their packages (rsyslog app)  removed properly. This was an older app that had issues in the past and has been removed from our app store. In the event of upgrading/installing/uninstalling the app has initiated our update process for the backend packages that surfaced this type of issues.

Removing these problematic packages (that were related to rsyslog app) helped resolve the behavioral issues experienced when installing/uninstalling the apps.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements