× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to view admin page, RAIDar 'Management service offline'

Ziffel
Aspirant

Unable to view admin page, RAIDar 'Management service offline'

I'm trying to access our companies ReadyNAS and it keeps showing up an error/warning screen when trying to view the web admin page. This is after it requests and accepts the login credentials.

On opening RAIDar as mentioned in what support documentation i can find that software is showing a message of 'Management service offline'.

I've downloaded logs using the RAIDar system but can't seem to see anywhere to upload them on this page.

I've rebooted the device several times through the RAIDar software, switching off the device and just removing the plug. None of which made any difference at all.

We don't go on the admin page very often only when doing the reporting and due to this I can't tell if or what it was doing at the time when the admin service went offline. 

I need to regain access to the system without formatting the system as we have terabytes of artwork on it we have nowhere else to move to.

The drives and data are all working fine at present (touch wood) but we report on the state of the device for our ISO standards so the admin page is JUST as important to us.

Any advice would be helpful.

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Unable to view admin page, RAIDar 'Management service offline'

Hello Ziffel,

Firmware version 6.7.5 was recently release, you may want to try this version.

Regards,
Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What firmware is running on the NAS?  Was it just updated?

As far as logs go, the process there is that you'd email them when requested by a Netgear mod.  There is some information leakage when you post the the full log zip file publicly.   

Note I don't work for Netgear.  So wait a bit and see if @mdgm-ntgr or another Netgear mod asks.  The email address you'd use is buried in this knowledge base article: https://kb.netgear.com/21543/How-do-I-send-all-logs-to-ReadyNAS-Community-moderators

Message 2 of 11
Ziffel
Aspirant

Thanks for all the handy information. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a mod post if i get one.

The machine is running firmware 6.7.3. I havent done a firmware upgrade in a while so if that has updated recently its been through auto update.

I'm not sure if i enabled ssh or how to connect and update firmware via ssh. I can't even find anything in the instruction manuals about how the process works.

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

If it's enabled you can connect with putty on a Windows PC, or terminal on OSX.  The username is "root", the password is the NAS admin password.

Message 4 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sure. Send the logs in if you want.

If you suspect you may have run into an issue fixed by 6.7.4 or 6.7.5 Beta 1 you can try updating using https://ip.address.of.nas/fwbroker

Note that it's important to check some things in the logs before jumping to that conclusion e.g. disk health, volume is mounted fine, fullness of root volume etc.

Message 5 of 11
Ziffel
Aspirant

I've posted the logs to you now.

I'll wait for a response before updating or reinstalling the firmware from the web link you listed.

Thanks

Message 6 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would think from looking at your logs that updating the firmware is worth a try.

Message 7 of 11
Ziffel
Aspirant

No change, I now have 6.7.4 installed and runnind but the management service is still offline and the web page is unavailable.

Message 8 of 11
Ziffel
Aspirant

Not sure if this helps anyone but the network activity light is constantly flashing.

Still having issues though

Message 9 of 11
Ziffel
Aspirant

I'm guessing as the standard 'off the shelf' fixes have not worked, no ones bothered about it now.

Ok I'll sort it myself.

Message 10 of 11
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Ziffel,

Firmware version 6.7.5 was recently release, you may want to try this version.

Regards,
Marty 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements