× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uninstall apps through SSH?

x219c
Luminary

Uninstall apps through SSH?

Hello everyone,

I am having problems with an app, and I'd like to uninstall and reinstall it. Unfortunately, the uninstall fails when I try from frontview. I figured if I could uninstall it using SSH, I could then reinstall it.

I wasn't asking in regards to a specific app because this is probably a skill that will come in handy in the future as well. But, because there are relevent facts, I'll give the background, just in case it helps in other ways.

I've been using Mhylno's  Sickrage app for a little while now, and it's been working fantastic. About a week ago, my dear wife decided to move our laser printer across the room and saw my UPS sitting there to plug it in and print something off. It's not a huge UPS, and as such, when she tried, it overloaded it and it cut off power. As you can probably guess, my 516 was plugged into this very UPS, and so it got a hard shutdown.

I restarted the NAS after taping over the plugs (so they're never misused again) and it came back online, seemingly without incident. Once I got into it, I found that sickrage would no longer start. Other apps, such as Plex, are working fine. When I attempted to start it, I don't recall getting an error, though I may have. It would just sit there a little bit, then the app page would refresh, and it'd just be sitting there "off." I then decided, (since I have a backup of the database) to just uninstall and reinstall. It just said that the uninstall failed. I restarted and tried a few other things without different results. 

Since I had no luck here, I decided to update to the newest beta (I was on 6.4.2) I got on 6.5 beta 2, but no luck. Still won't uninstall. When I attempt to start the app, I am given more information this time, however. It says "Empty resource error: Bad NML call." I have no idea what that means, and didn't get that information before upgrading to 6.5.

If I can fix that, that'd be fine, but I'd guess an uninstall would work too.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
x219c
Luminary

I think I got it figured out...

I SSH'd in as root and ran 

apt-get purge sickrage

Then:

cd apps

rm sickrage -r

This appears to have fully removed the app.I would imagine this could be used on pretty much any app... Hope this helps someone!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
x219c
Luminary

I think I got it figured out...

I SSH'd in as root and ran 

apt-get purge sickrage

Then:

cd apps

rm sickrage -r

This appears to have fully removed the app.I would imagine this could be used on pretty much any app... Hope this helps someone!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements