× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update AFP due ?

kiwi1969
Aspirant

Update AFP due ?

I see that there is a new update to Netatalk available. (This is what is used to do AFP support on ReadyNAS)
I believe that we maybe are 1 or 2 versions out of date for AFP since Radiator 4.110 came out for NV+
Is there an update on the way ?
If not, does anyone know how to obtain/recompile Netatalk for latest AFP support ?
Message 1 of 3
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Update AFP due ?

NTGR or someone would have to compile it for that system and provide an add-on.

I see netatalk 3.0.2 was released on Jan 22th.
Message 2 of 3
kiwi1969
Aspirant

Re: Update AFP due ?

For a laugh, I went to the site and downloaded the source code. I was hoping I may be able to just compile it, stop the afp service, replace a view binary files, and start the server

However, when running the configure script on the NAS, it fails with missing includes for libDB

I can see that we have runtime of libDB4.8 but we don't have a libDB4.8-dev package to go with it available under the standard locations
(only libDB4.3-dev, which I don't want to install as then I think the libDB4.8 package will also be reverted).

I can see the source package in Debian for Squeeze and SID on the Debian site, but am a bit apprehensive to try and compile (could be digging myself into a hole)
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements