× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrade from OS4 to OS 6 Ultra 4 plus

alverton
Aspirant

Upgrade from OS4 to OS 6 Ultra 4 plus

Hi, can someone help me with  the two files that are needed to perform this upgrade from OS4 to OS6 as Netgear appears to have removed them from the website.

Many thanks if you can help me.

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Upgrade from OS4 to OS 6 Ultra 4 plus

Hi @alverton, if I understand correctly @StephenB provided a solution for this with links, which are now pointing into nowhere.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Ultra-6-OS-Upgrade-from-4-2-30-to-OS-6/m-p/1181...

Let us ask him, whether he still has the files and could provide them to you or whether he might know where the data has been moved to or last but not least whether NETGEAR had a good reason for removing the information.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @alverton, if I understand correctly @StephenB provided a solution for this with links, which are now pointing into nowhere.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Ultra-6-OS-Upgrade-from-4-2-30-to-OS-6/m-p/1181...

Let us ask him, whether he still has the files and could provide them to you or whether he might know where the data has been moved to or last but not least whether NETGEAR had a good reason for removing the information.

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

The binaries aren't mine, my links were pointing to Netgear's repository.

However, I do have the current files, and I'll PM @alverton with links to my copies.

Message 3 of 8
alverton
Aspirant

Worked perfectly - made be very happy, Thank you.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I would love to kudo your feedback, dear @StephenB, but the system does not let me. Reported this already in the community feedback realm some time ago, but no change so far.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Would-like-to-kudo-but-can-not/m-p/1610065#M452

Message 5 of 8
dccastil
Aspirant

Hi @StephenB

I have an Ultra 4 plus and am trying to migrate to OS6 as well, but as we know the links for the firmware are broken. Would you be willing to PM them to me?  Would be ever so grateful as I cannot access the device in ReadyCloud as I am still on FW 4.2.31.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sent you links to the files.

Message 7 of 8
dccastil
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your help! I hope to be able to update in a few days so I'll let you know how it goes.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements