× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Users gone, replaced with USB drive names

wwalkersd
Aspirant

Users gone, replaced with USB drive names

I had to factory default my NV+ to upgrade from 4.1.5 to 4.1.8 (long story). But I saved my configuration before doing so, and then reloaded it after the upgrade. MOST of my settings came across OK, but my user list is now all named USB_HDD_*, where * varies from "1_1" to "5".

When I try to create a new user with an old user name, I'm told the user already exists.

When I log in via AFP using the admin account, the only home shares are my own and admin. OK, I take that back. Based on hunch, I just discovered that the home shares are created when I log in as the other users. Whew, I'm glad I only have 3! Now at least I can restore them from backup.

How do I fix the user list? Will rebooting do it? I've been too busy restoring files to try rebooting.
Message 1 of 2
wwalkersd
Aspirant

Re: Users gone, replaced with USB drive names

I found my users were on the second page of the user list. D'oh! But still, slide the slider and click "Show"? Pretty odd interface. So, I just deleted all the bogus USB_* users.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements