× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Utilization is at 80% all the time

Blanker-2
Guide

Utilization is at 80% all the time

Hi, I'm using the RN312 + the eda500.  Looking at the utilization graph I noticed it is at 80% constantly, since the system went online.  All, min, max, average, it's all 80% does this seem normal?  I don't have any apps installed and the only services I am running is http, https, smb, and upnp.  The system took it's first snapshot today too (35GB) and still 80%.  Any thoughts?

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Utilization is at 80% all the time

@jak0lantash wrote:

This confuses a lot. What are you talking about? The volume utilization in capacity? Is it just 80% full?

I believe that is exactly what he is saying.  That's the only graph with utilization label.

It's a large volume that spans the RN312 and the EDA500 (and if I recall correctly is fairly new), so I am suggesting cross-checking the info on the performance graph with the info on the volume page and share page.  

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

To exclude, that any kind of upnp-based client is constantly challenging your system you might want to switch off that service and reboot.

Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Blanker-2 wrote:

Looking at the utilization graph I noticed it is at 80% constantly, since the system went online.

This is the volume utilization graph?  

If so:

• Did you try looking at the EDA and the RN312 volumes separately?
  • Does the summary on the volume tab and the details on the share page also show 80% usage?
Message 3 of 7
Blanker-2
Guide

Hi Stephen, why do I bother posting in the forum when I could just be PM'ing you! Smiley LOL

Yes.  Even if I select All or everything, it still shows 80%.

If so:

My flexraid array spans both chassis.

• Does the summary on the volume tab and the details on the share page also show 80% usage?

Hmmmm, I'll take a look.

THanks

@StephenB wrote:

@Blanker-2 wrote:

Looking at the utilization graph I noticed it is at 80% constantly, since the system went online.

If so:

Message 4 of 7
jak0lantash
Mentor

This confuses a lot. What are you talking about? The volume utilization in capacity? Is it just 80% full?

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@jak0lantash wrote:

I believe that is exactly what he is saying.  That's the only graph with utilization label.

It's a large volume that spans the RN312 and the EDA500 (and if I recall correctly is fairly new), so I am suggesting cross-checking the info on the performance graph with the info on the volume page and share page.  

Message 6 of 7
Blanker-2
Guide

My mistake everyone.  The utilization graph is indeed measuring capacity.  I mistook "utilization" to mean activity like cpu or that the system was constantly doing something.  woops Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements