× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web Interface no longer accessible.

Grouty
Tutor

Web Interface no longer accessible.

Hi Folks,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I have a ReadyNAS Duo with 2 x 3TB drives installed. Everything is working well other than I cannot access the ReadyNAS through the web interface. I have a bookmark of the web address in my browser (https://192.168.178.33/admin/index.html). When I use this I get a message saying: "Safari Cannot Connect to the Server". I have checked the IP address (192.168.178.33) using RAIDar and it is correct.

Confusingly, I can browse the shares on the Duo using SMB or AFP without a problem and I can stream media to TVs and computers so I believe I can be sure that the hardware is doing almost everything right. I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has seen this and that I'm just missing the obvious. Could someone please tell me where I have gone wrong on this so I can get into the web interface and do my routine of resetting the permissions on my media share (so that Hazel can move stuff around for me)? I have had a look around on this forum but cannot find anything that shows me what I need to do to get this working again.

Additional info: I have tried doing the various things described above on a laptop and a desktop machine. Both are running OS X Yosemite 10.3.3 and both have been able to reach the ReadyNAS in the past. I'd love to tell you what software the Duo is running but I'd normally get that from the web interface. I can tell you it is the black version (v5?) if that is helpful. I don't believe I have done any firmware updates recently that might have caused this - unless they can happen without me knowing.

If anyone can help with this I'll be very grateful.

Cheers,

Grant
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: Web Interface no longer accessible.

What firmware are you running? I believe you are running a duo v2 btw.

The usual admin interface is https://192.168.178.33/admin (no index).
Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your support profile indicates you have two Duo v1 units. Please have a read of this article: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Are you sure you have 3TB disks installed? The Duo v1 only supports disks up to 2TB in capacity.

Did you install/uninstall apps, enable/disable a service or do an OS Re-install recently? If you had apps installed do you recall which ones?

Edit: Perhaps you have also bought a Duo v2 in addition to your v1 units?
Message 3 of 7
Grouty
Tutor

StephenB wrote:
What firmware are you running? I believe you are running a duo v2 btw.

I'm not sure as I can't look at the web interface to find out. 🙂 Is there another way to find this out perhaps?
Message 4 of 7
Grouty
Tutor

mdgm wrote:
Your support profile indicates you have two Duo v1 units. Please have a read of this article: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Are you sure you have 3TB disks installed? The Duo v1 only supports disks up to 2TB in capacity.

Did you install/uninstall apps, enable/disable a service or do an OS Re-install recently? If you had apps installed do you recall which ones?

Edit: Perhaps you have also bought a Duo v2 in addition to your v1 units?

My profile is out of date. As you guessed I have a Duo v2 now - and I just worked out that I can use RAIDar to find out my firmware version - running 5.3.11

I made no changes to the set-up by installing or un-installing stuff. The only app running on there that didn't come preinstalled is a version of Transmission that has been running there for years. Neither do I recall enabling or disabling anything. It's a mystery to me! :?
Message 5 of 7
Grouty
Tutor

Hi Guys,

I'm still struggling with this if anyone can give me any pointers. I don't want to lose all my data but would a factory reset fix things?

If I remove one of my drives and perform a factory reset will reinserting the second drive retain/copy the data to the 1st drive?

I'm baffled that I can access the Duo (V2) in almost any way other than the web interface.

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

I don't own a v2, so I am not as familiar wiith it as I am the other ReadyNAS.  However, based on your symptoms I am thinking you have a filling OS partition.

The first thing to do is back up all the data on your NAS without delay.

Once that is done, you can contact Netgear support (support.netgear.com), and pay for a one-time support incident.  If this is the right diagnosis, it is easily fixed.

Or you can do a factory reset, and restore your data from the backup.

Removing one drive, doing the factory reset, and then re-inserting the drive will NOT work.  The removed drive will be wiped when you reinsert it.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements