× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WebDav and Outlook 2013 Calendar Publishing

NAS_iz_cool
Aspirant

WebDav and Outlook 2013 Calendar Publishing

I have a ReadyNAS NVX running 4.2.22. I created a share called "webdav" with the following permissions/settings:
-CIFS: Default Access, Disabled; Write-enabled users, MyUserName.
-HTTP/S: Default Access, Read-only; Hosts allowed access, checked (but field left blank); Users allowed access, MyUserName & WebDavUserName; Enable WebDAV support, checked.

I can successfully log in to the share via a browser. I can successfully access the share via CIFS using the same credentials (MyUserName) that I access other shares on the NAS (and which match my Windows user account credentials).

In Outlook 2013 I am trying to use the feature "Publish to WebDAV Server". I enter the appropriate path (ie, https://NAS_NAME/webdav/calendar/), and then Outlook prompts me with a Windows Security Sign In form. I have tried entering WebDavUserName (& password) as well as MyUserName (& password), but no matter which I use the login fails (and thus I can't publish to the webdav share).

Has anyone else successfully gotten the above working? And/or are there things I might be overlooking?

One other variable that might matter is that I also have a Windows Task that maps several of the NAS shares to drive letters using the Windows System account, and authenticating on the NAS using another user (BackupsUser). This is performed at Windows boot so that various mapped drives can be seen and accessed by CrashPlan.

Thanks much in advance for any help!
🙂
Message 1 of 4
NAS_iz_cool
Aspirant

Re: WebDav and Outlook 2013 Calendar Publishing

I never solved the above, but I found a different solution. I created a free 2GB account with CloudSafe, which offers WebDAV access, and that has been working great:
https://secure.cloudsafe.com/pages/topics_webdav.html
😄
Message 2 of 4
InTheShires
Tutor

NAS_iz_cool wrote:
I never solved the above, but I found a different solution. I created a free 2GB account with CloudSafe, which offers WebDAV access, and that has been working great:
https://secure.cloudsafe.com/pages/topics_webdav.html
😄

Would it have worked on a small iScsi/LUN disk that could be created? That solves few Windows based problems sometimes. (Backups location etc work on a LUN but not a mapped drive with some versions of Windows.)
Message 3 of 4
NAS_iz_cool
Aspirant

InTheShires wrote:
Would it have worked on a small iScsi/LUN disk that could be created?

I don't think that would work for this situation as the point was to be able to store & access the calendar data via WebDAV from multiple computers. But thanks for the suggestion! 😄 Fortunately I'm really happy with the CloudSafe setup, and it has the added bonus of being available outside my network (if at some point I need that).
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements