× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What Has Happened to ReadyNas Remote?

vestaxpdx
Aspirant

What Has Happened to ReadyNas Remote?

Hi,

I have been using ReadyNas remote for a couple years no issue. Today it tells me that my login is incorrect which is a bit strange. I try to recover my password (even though I know what it is) but it redirects me to ReadyCloud and says my username does not even exist anymore?

So what has happened here? Is ReadyNas Remote gone completely now. I had no email or warning about this.

Any help apriciated.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What Has Happened to ReadyNas Remote?

There is a CLOUD service outage. Once this is resolved we will see how this affects legacy Cloud services such as ReadyNAS Remote and provide an update regarding that if required.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

There is a CLOUD service outage. Once this is resolved we will see how this affects legacy Cloud services such as ReadyNAS Remote and provide an update regarding that if required.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Message 2 of 10
vestaxpdx
Aspirant

Many thanks for the quick reply. Hope it's sorted soon.

Cheers

Message 3 of 10
unita
Aspirant

hi,

does this outage affect all readynas remote users?

if yes, could you please give any indication you can regarding the timing of getting it back up?

I also have been using readynas remote for about a year with no issues but all of a sudden as of last week it stopped working; I've tried everything I could think of - re-installing the remote software etc. but nothing works.

thank you for any assistance!

regards,

Stephen Targett

Toronto, Canadia

Message 4 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The outage has been resolved.

Message 5 of 10
unita
Aspirant

hi mdgm,

you mentioned in this post that the readynas cloud outage last week affected readynas remote, and that once the cloud outage was resolved you would assess whether any further remediation is required for readynas remote.

we are still struggling trying to get our readynas remote working again. we had been using it successfully for a couple of months (accessing our readynas nv+ from 3 different remote devices - 2pc's and 1 mac) but in the week of the readycloud outage it suddenly stopped working for all 3 of us.

I have since completely uninstalled and reinstalled the remote add-on to our readynas, we've all reinstalled the remote program on our computers; I've rebooted the readynas after the reinstall of the add-on.

I don't know what else to try. there was no other change to our lan environment on which the readynas sits.

did the other readynas remote users who were affected by the outage get their remote back up?

any assistance would be most appreciated - this is becoming a critical issue for us.

thank you,

Stephen

Message 6 of 10
vestaxpdx
Aspirant

Once the outage had been fixed Readynas Remote seemed to just start working for me OK.

Have been using it today fine. Still logged in via SSH as I write this.

Sorry that's not much help.

Message 7 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unita,

It worked fine for me too. Try it again and let us know what happens. 

@vestaxpdx thanks for sharing your input on this issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 10
unita
Aspirant

hi mdgm, Brian and vestaxpdx,

thought I'd post this here too.

I'm back up!!

I honestly can't say which activity it was did the trick - the last action I performed before successfully reconnecting was to 'restart p2p' in the advanced settings tab of the 'manage readynas remote' page - I hadn't noticed that button before.

I don't know why I would need to reboot p2p since I had completely removed and re-added the readynas remote add-on - but there you go.

thanks for the input.

stephen

Message 9 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unita,

Thanks for you feedback. Probably the time that you've reinstalled the add-on the server is not up yet. I believe restarting the P2P service did the trick 🙂

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements