× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Worked forever but Duo flashes green or amber light

fmorelli
Aspirant

Worked forever but Duo flashes green or amber light

I'm miffed ... my Duo has worked fine, but recently dropped off my Finder on the Mac. Attempts to access FrontView by URL or finding by Raidar were useless. My Duo is hooked to a router which has not been touched for eons. The link light on the router is off for the cable that goes to the Duo. Respectively the Duo network light was solid amber. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and the network light on the Duo went to flashing green. Either way, I can't get to it through the above mentioned methods. Front lights are normal - solid blue on switch and solid green for the two drives.

I also tried to connect directly with a laptop and new ethernet cable, to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Filippo
Message 1 of 2
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: Worked forever but Duo flashes green or amber light

Can you still ping the IP address of the nas? Just a reminder if the nas is set to DHCP obtain before, and you connected it directly to your PC, it will assign itself an IP of 192.168.168.168. In this case, set a static IP to your PC in the subnet of 192.168.168.x. Then try to ping the nas. I also strongly recommend that you contact support for better assistance and when you do, edit the subject of your forum post by appending the case # you will get from support.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements