× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Worst tech support experience.... ever.

slacker21
Aspirant

Worst tech support experience.... ever.

I have been an IT guy for about 30 years. Never, in all of my dealings with companies, have I been given such poor technical support. Case 25658619. After 2 hours of phone circle jerking I finally ended up with Shiela. No way should she be a tier anything tech support agent. Not only was she not able to comprehend I had replaced 2 drives, but she was convinced both of my brand new drives were the problem based on errors reported for drives that had been power cycled 30 times in the logs. Incompetent and also seemingly unable to pass me to someone more competent. I just ended up facory resetting and restoring from backups. I manage a total of 7 ReadyNAS products for customers and 2 of my own. Never again will I buy this product. When customer data is on the line, you get the janitor.

Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Worst tech support experience.... ever.

There was a resync on your system and during that sync another disk dropped out leading to a dual disk failure condition. This would be a situation where a contract or PPI would be required to escalate your case to the next level and would perhaps have lead to a data recovery contract being required if you needed a data recovery attempt.

For business use a ProSupport contract is recommended: http://prosupport.netgear.com

However ProSupport contracts are available for current devices. For legacy devices Pay Per Incident would be what is offered.

Our current business class models (300 series and up) come with lifetime chat support. So if you don't need phone support after 90 days then a ProSupport contract would not be needed.

I would recommend resellers join our Powershift program: http://powershift.netgear.com

The PowerShift program has a number of benefits.

Message 2 of 4
slacker21
Aspirant

I would have gladly paid for good support. Nobody EVER asked me for anything related to payment. I don't expect to get free support for a product out of warranty, but I do expect to get support. I got nothing but a huge waste of time.

The failed drives she tried to get me to test individually based on past drive logs are working perfectly in the NAS after a factory reset. I am restoring from backups now. I will recover. But it is certainly not because of anything support provided.

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Noted. We have had your case reviewed.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements