× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Your Netgear storage is not accessible form this computer. check your network setting

ashishkot
Aspirant

Your Netgear storage is not accessible form this computer. check your network setting

Hi 

I installed new huawei HG630a router. After installing it I am not accessing my NAS Box 102 . When i connected through with RAIDar  and its shwoing following error message: 

"Your Netgear storage is not accessible form this computer. check your network setting".

Currently i set the nax box static ip 192.168.0.7.

Windows 10, Nas box version 6.6.2, Model Number N102

How can i access my nas box.

Model: RN10211D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Your Netgear storage is not accessible form this computer. check your network setting

Hi ashishkot,

You can try doing an OS re-install to reset the network settings.

If you have an RN102, you can try the step found on the link below:

How do I access the boot menu on my ReadyNAS 102, 202, 212 or 312?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Your Netgear storage is not accessible form this computer. check your network setting

what is the IP address range for DHCP that your router is using?

Message 2 of 10
ashishkot
Aspirant

hi

Its showing 192.168.1.1

Message 3 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@ashishkot wrote:

hi

Its showing 192.168.1.1

That's the problem.  Your router is distributing 192.168.1.x addresses, and you assigned a 192.168.0.x static address to the router.

Normally it's better to set the ReadyNAS up to use DHCP, and reserve the IP address in the router.

Anyway, you have three ways to resolve this:

Message 4 of 10
ashishkot
Aspirant

Hi,

These step worked.. Thanks a lot . 

After assign the same range IP address to my PC. I can access my storeage device. but still i am not able to access the admin page for changing the network settings.

It showing login and password prompt but  i am not able to access it.  I am using admin/password for the same.

Message 5 of 10
StephenB
Guru

@ashishkot wrote:

It showing login and password prompt but  i am not able to access it.  I am using admin/password for the same.

Did you try the original NAS admin password?

If you can't remember it, you'll need to use the OS reinstall procedure above.  That will reset the password to password.

Message 6 of 10
ashishkot
Aspirant

Hi

Its work i can access it now , but by mistake 😞 i disable the network settings instead of DHCP  and now i am not able to access the nasbox. it's not showing in the RRAIDar. 

Any option to access it without loosing my data.

Message 7 of 10
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ashishkot,

You can try doing an OS re-install to reset the network settings.

If you have an RN102, you can try the step found on the link below:

How do I access the boot menu on my ReadyNAS 102, 202, 212 or 312?

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
ashishkot
Aspirant

Hi,

I am going to re-install the OS selecting the boot menu . can you please guide me i can do it with hard disk or without harddisk, coz i have lots of data on my harddisk.

Please tell me if I  can re-install th OS it will erase all my nas harddisk data or not.

when I remove the hard disk RAIDar shown 192.168.1.7 IP Address but i cannot access the admin panel. please suggest

Regards

Message 9 of 10
jak0lantash
Mentor

https://kb.netgear.com/20898/ReadyNAS-ReadyDATA-Boot-Menu

It doesn't make sense to boot or perform an OS Reinstall with no disk in the chassis, because the system and settings are stored on the disks (on the first partition of each disk to be exact).

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements