× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

accessing files and folders via FTP

Makran
Tutor

accessing files and folders via FTP

hello,
I have a short question:

How do I configure FTP access to the files of NAS netgear storage ?

I've been using SMB service and DLNA service for a long time without any issues, now I have enabled FTP service, and I'm able to connect to it normally, but I can't see any files listed in there, I checked all the available options but I can't see any reason for that.

I have ReadyNAS 102 - fw 6.4.1 and I'm using windows8.1 with total commander software for connection as client.

Both my PC and NAS are connected to the router via cable and they are both in local network: 172.16.1.35-NAS, 172.16.1.32-PC

Maybe I need to set special permission or am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Makran
Tutor

Re: accessing files and folders via FTP

OK, I finally found the reason.

I need to go to shares, choose folder press cogwheel buttton and set permissions for FTP access.

After, it's working fine.
I think http interface is very unintuitive, it just doesn't give your clear vision of functions - I already had some problems before because of unclear interface.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Makran
Tutor

also I'm able to connect to ftp from: total commander, explorer and firefox and all of the can't see any files on the ftp server.
here are my settings for the server:

nas-ftp.jpg

Message 2 of 3
Makran
Tutor

OK, I finally found the reason.

I need to go to shares, choose folder press cogwheel buttton and set permissions for FTP access.

After, it's working fine.
I think http interface is very unintuitive, it just doesn't give your clear vision of functions - I already had some problems before because of unclear interface.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements