× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

btrfs_search_forward+2ac and can't access the server - Readynas 104

Geezynz
Aspirant

btrfs_search_forward+2ac and can't access the server - Readynas 104

Hi

I have a readynas 104 and am now getting the above error and no access to the server. I read on another thread to boot into read only mode and send logs in. Is this a correct path to take?

Thanks

Gandalf

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: btrfs_search_forward+2ac and can't access the server - Readynas 104

Hi @Geezynz

Have you tried booting it on Ready only mode? If you can get to your data I would suggest doing a full backup and also yes please send in the logs.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
Geezynz
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply @Marc_V 

Rebooted in read only mode, and got server access yesterday. It told me the system was healthy, but I need to remove drives 1,2,3,4 (all of them) all of them were RED.

Today however, I opened it again just before writing this and it's now showing 3 drives GREEN with drive 4 failed. 

Unfortnuately it does say NO VOLUMES EXIST, SELECT DISKS TO CREATE A VOLUME.

So I'm wondering the next step to fingers crossed access the data and do a backup. 

I emailed LOGS through already. I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks

Geezynz

Message 3 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Geezynz

Your disks installed has ATA errors, and since you already had disk failures that is also the reason your volume got dismounted, I would advised getting in touch with NETGEAR Support for Data recovery. Once with Support you will need to purchase a Data Recovery contract for this issue. All cost will be discussed by the experts.

You will need to be ready with replacement disks.

Regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements