× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cannot access setup on ready nas duo v2

blobq
Aspirant

cannot access setup on ready nas duo v2

Hello

Ive installed the latest raidar app 4.3.4 but when i hit the setup button i cannot access the unit via https

This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to 192.168.0.7 was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.

I have cleared the SSL state but it still does not work. I have previously been able to access this but i fear i may have disabled the ssl connection when it was previously set up.

How can i resolve this?

Tech support are not very helpful.
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Any add-ons installed?

Have you tried rebooting the NAS?

Have you tried an OS Re-install?

Also can you confirm this is a Duo v2?: How to tell whether I have a Duo v1 or Duo v2 or NV+ v1 or NV+ v2
Message 2 of 6
blobq
Aspirant

Hi

no add-ons

The unit does not power down, i have to pull the power out off the back.

Tried the OS re-install - ( power off, pressing reset button with paper clip etc while re-powering on, depress after LED blink once.)

i can confirm that no LED's blink, ive kept the pin depressed for a full minute.

The unit is a duo V2

any idea's ?
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

That's the procedure for the Duo v1. If you have the v2 the procedure is different: http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how_do_i_use_the_boot_menu#ultra_2_ultra_2_plus_pro_2_duo_v2
Message 4 of 6
blobq
Aspirant

Hi

I have done a factory reset, it took a while for the drives to sync but i can now access the gui.

I have noticed that im only seeing 1 drive in the volume. ( i have 2 x 1TB drives) when i hover over the volume button.

on the volume button i have this

Volumes
/c
X-RAID2 (Redundant)
913.2 GB Free Of 913.4 GB

is it possible to have the 2 drives shown or is 1 drive used as the backup?
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Using X-RAID2 the second drive is used for redundancy/high-availability not backup. Don't confuse the two. Have a read of Preventing Catastrophic Data Loss

What it sounds like you want is the Flex-RAID JBOD option.

Do another factory reset, discover the NAS using RAIDar (http://www.readynas.com/downloads), click setup and choose Flex-RAID with the JBOD option and confirm your choice. You will have a separate volume for each disk.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements