× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

frontview?

metulmark
Aspirant

frontview?

hi i have just bought an ultra 2 i cant set it up, i have no frontview? i can access raidar but it wont let me find frontview? i have another problem but thats in a different post.
where is it hidden?
mark
Message 1 of 17
dbott67
Guide

Re: frontview?

What does RAIDar report for the IP address of the NAS?

You should be able to access Frontview by opening your browser to https://ip.address.of.nas/admin

If that fails to work, are you otherwise able to access the NAS (for example, accessing your shares over CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, etc.) or via SSH? If you can still access you data one of the aforementioned methods, it's possible that the HTTP process that runs Frontview has died. A simple reboot may cure it.
Message 2 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

hi that didnt work, i cant set up my ultra 2 it is aking to change the ip address but i cant because i can not get into frontview?
mark
Message 3 of 17
dbott67
Guide

If it's a brand new setup (no data or anything), I would just try factory defaulting the unit. This will test, initialize, format and install the base OS and allow you to configure from RAIDar.

http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how ... ry_default
Message 4 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

hi it is i will try that thank you
Message 5 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

hi i did that it is asking for a proxy server? there is a small box comes up and it says internat connection available or password etc for proxy server?
i dont understand this part?
mark
Message 6 of 17
dbott67
Guide

metulmark wrote:
hi i did that it is asking for a proxy server? there is a small box comes up and it says internat connection available or password etc for proxy server?
i dont understand this part?
mark

I've never seen anything like that before. What program is asking this?
Message 7 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

it is windows?
i cant access anything? no software nothing i have rebooted/reset the nas but still nothing?
i am sick of it!
can i ask if iam doing things right, i have the nas connected to my pc? should it be connected to the wireless box directly then move it to my pc when it is set up?
thanks
mark
Message 8 of 17
dbott67
Guide

The NAS should be connected to your router or switch via ethernet cable, not directly to the PC. Similar to this:

Message 9 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

thanks for that, ok so can i use it wireless once it is set up? i have my pc upstairs and my router downstairs so could i move the nas upstairs or will i have to leave it next to the router connected via ethernet cable?
thanks
mark

ps my pc uses the router wireless
Message 10 of 17
fbmachines
Guide

You could try a direct connection but a NAS really shines when connected to the network, thus letting all PC's, phones, mobile devices, etc... on the network have access to the NAS goodness :lol: .
Message 11 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

thanks
mark
Message 12 of 17
dbott67
Guide

metulmark wrote:
thanks for that, ok so can i use it wireless once it is set up? i have my pc upstairs and my router downstairs so could i move the nas upstairs or will i have to leave it next to the router connected via ethernet cable?
thanks
mark

ps my pc uses the router wireless

The best option is to leave the NAS connected to the router via cable. This will offer best "wire speed" transfers to those clients that have faster connections (such as other wired devices). Wireless devices will obviously transfer data at slower speeds. If you were to connect the NAS to the network wirelessly (you'd need to use some sort of wireless bridge or gaming adapter) you would be creating a bottleneck for everything.

Have a look at this document regarding performance and networks: http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=363
Message 13 of 17
vuilverwerking1
Aspirant

Are you using IE Proxy settings?
Try to turn them off.

Look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303650
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262981
Message 14 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

ok guys i have set everything up connected to the hub etc but no frontview or any other prompts? next step ebay!
this is not a good way to get started, i keep getting windows prompts now for a password no frontview no set up no nothing!
mark
Message 15 of 17
fbmachines
Guide

How are you trying to access frontview? What IP address is assigned to your NAS?

Is it prompting you for a username and password?

Have you tried the default:
Username: admin
Password: netgear1
Message 16 of 17
metulmark
Aspirant

hi ok i have got things moving yes i have changed my admin password etc thank you,
the nas ip is 192.168.1.64 the router ip is 192.168.1.254 do i need to change the nas to the router ip?
will this then allow me to send files photos etc to the nas from my pc hard drives?
i hate technology 🙂
Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements