× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

hard drive upgrade (replace existing)

mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: hard drive upgrade (replace existing)

thewinston you revived a long dead thread. Please don't do this in future. It's better to open a new thread.

X-RAID is eXpandable-RAID not shrinkable RAID. You will need another 2TB drive to be added before the volume can expand.

Backing up your data and doing a factory reset (wipes all data, settings, everything) is an alternative.
Message 26 of 28
Helevitia
Aspirant

This message doesn't make any sense:

"You are attempting to reply to a topic that is 1 year and 4 weeks old. Instead, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable."

This thread was key to helping me out. It should be pinned to help others. I am grateful to have found it.

Also, why does it hurt to revive an old relevant thread?
Message 27 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Information may be out of date or no longer relevant in old threads. Also some users subscribe to threads and so replying to a dead thread spams those users as the issue would be long resolved by now.

Also sometimes people me too threads which makes it difficult to help users facing different issues (may appear to be the same but can be quite different) or users with different support cases.

Better to open a new thread and if necessary include a link to the old one.
Message 28 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements