× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Cannot connect discovery service"

david8704
Star

"Cannot connect discovery service"

Hi!

Big problem here.

I installed "Plex" yesterday, and today when i rebooted my RN104 with the latest OS it just shows "cannot connect discovery service" and I can´t connect thru SMB, AFP, Frontview or ssh.

It shows the IP 10.0.1.21 but I can´t access it.

Is there some way i can reconfig it via USB, or do someone now some other solution without deleting all the data on the disks?

I have made an "OS Reinstall" via Boot menu.

Ant ideas?
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Sent you a PM
Message 2 of 8
tested10times
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem. Netgear ReadyNAS with Plex installed. I didn't think Plex broke it but "Cannot connect to discovery service" and cannot access SMB shares, web admin portal, nada.

Regards,

t10t

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tested10times,

May I ask what happens when you type https://nas-xx-xx-xx where last x is last 6 digits of MAC address of the NAS in the address bar of your web browser of computer locally connected to the network where the NAS is? What is the model number of the NAS?

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
tested10times
Aspirant

Hi JennC,

I recieve a web-page not available error - though the error message in my browser is that DNS can't resolve the host name. If I try and resolve the hostname nas-xx-xx-xx using nslookup I get "request timed out". That is the same result if I try and nslookup my nas's normal hostname (AbesNAS2).

The NAS is an ReadyNAS 314.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you see the NAS in RAIDar?

Message 6 of 8
tested10times
Aspirant

Yes, can see NAS in Raidar 6.0.

Firmware: 6.2.4

IP Address: is as expected on my LAN, DHCP supplied.

Clicking on Admin Page fails, just opens my browser where it sits trying to access the IP address admin page. And clicking the other options (Browse, Download Logs, Diagnostics) also fails after an authentication prompt. "Authentication Required" box sits doing nothing after I enter my password and hit ok.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
tested10times
Aspirant

Hi All,

OS Reinstall resolved my issues. Unsure as to why this occurred, but shares, admin page and all other functions now working again.

Very strange. 

Thanks even if just to respond - good to know there's help if it is ever needed.

Thanks.

t10t.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements