× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Content Source Removed" WDTV Live

gezzyboy
Aspirant

"Content Source Removed" WDTV Live

I am having an issue with my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 and WDTV Live, all with latest Firmware etc etc: After pretty much 30mins (i have timed it) the WDTV will stop seeing the ReadyNAS and I will have to go to setup and refind the DNLA media server running on the ReadyNAS. I have tested this using a simple windows share on my Laptop and the WDTV live has no problems streaming and doesn't drop out, so it must be a setting on the ReadyNAS . . . . Any Clues? 😞
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: "Content Source Removed" WDTV Live

Have you tried accessing the NAS from the WDTV using windows sharing? Or are you only trying DLNA?
Message 2 of 7
gezzyboy
Aspirant

Hi Steve,I'm using DNLA V1.1 on the ReadyNAS. I did use the Windows Share on the WDTV (streaming from my win xp laptop) and It worked fine with no outtages. I also have the Plex media server installed on the NAS which ultimatley I want to use as it's much prettier than the DNLA but have the same problem with that also.Any Ideas? Is it some DHCP setting I need to look at on the NAS?
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

It's interesting that both plex and readydlna seem to fail the same way.

You can use windows sharing with the ReadyNAS also (it is the CIFS protocol). It'd be helpful to know if that fails the same way as the two dlna servers.
Message 4 of 7
gezzyboy
Aspirant

Many thanks for your suggestion steve, I will give it a try!
Message 5 of 7
gezzyboy
Aspirant

Hii Steve I'm only using CIFS for my media share volumes, so I managed to share a folder on my Laptop which the WDTV could see and played without error, is that what you meant?
Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Well, I meant playing from the NAS using CIFS instead of DLNA.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements