× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ready nas 102 windows 10

wlsamec
Aspirant

ready nas 102 windows 10 #26441464

hi I have a readynas 102 and I cannot see it on my windows 10 network. however I can see my readynas 102 on my windows 7 laptop is there a program fix to fix this problem with windows 10?

Message 1 of 18
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wlsamec,

Welcome to the community!

Is your Windows 10 PC up to date? Have you tried pinging or accessing via Windows Explorer your ReadyNAS via its local IP address?

Looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 18
wlsamec
Aspirant

yes windows 10 is up to date and yes I can access the readynas through the ip address via windows explorer. it is just I cannot see it on my network my laptop which has windows 7 can see it on the network but not windows 10

Message 3 of 18
StephenB
Guru

So it is just missing from the left pane of file explorer, but you can still access the shares?

If so, this problem can drive you crazy...  I suggest manually adding the NAS as a network location by right-clicking on the main pane.

Message 4 of 18
wlsamec
Aspirant

main pane?

Message 5 of 18
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi wlsamec,

Thanks for your feedback. I suggest that you map the drive (ReadyNAS share) in your machine for ease of access. Steps are available on this article.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@wlsamec wrote:

main pane?

Yes.  File explorer has a left pane, and a larger rectangular pane on the center and left.  If you right-click on the main pane you will see "add a network location".  

This often is more convenient than mapping a drive letter.

Message 7 of 18
wlsamec
Aspirant

I tried the article that you mentioned that did not work I am unable to map the drive through windows 10 however I can map everything that I have through windows 7 is there a patch that netgear created to fix this problem? I even tried calling netgear support of course they wanted me to pay for tech support even though it should not cost anything

Message 8 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ready nas 102 windows 10 #26441464

Have you checked if the PC and NAS are on the same workgroup?

The 102 comes with 90 days of phone support from the date of purchase. The 90 days were up on Jan 15, 2016.

Message 9 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@wlsamec wrote:

I tried the article that you mentioned that did not work I am unable to map the drive through windows 10 however I can map everything that I have through windows 7 is there a patch that netgear created to fix this problem? I even tried calling netgear support of course they wanted me to pay for tech support even though it should not cost anything

What happens if you run cmd and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasipaddress\data /user:admin nasadminpassword

That should mount the NAS data volume on drive letter t.

Message 10 of 18
wlsamec
Aspirant

tried what you recommended did not work either?

Message 11 of 18
wlsamec
Aspirant

hello all I finally found the problem

the authentication on the ready nas server was set to volume I had to change it to workgroup to make it work so if anybody is trying to figure it out check the paramiters on the ready nas server

Message 12 of 18
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can now mark the post with the answer to your problem as solution.

In recent firmware for clean installs (i.e. where you do a factory default - wipes all data, settings, everything) we have set the default workgroup to workgroup as that is the default for Windows 10 and things work best with Windows 10 if the workgroup name on the NAS and PC match. We don't change the workgroup name when updating the firmware so those who have VOLUME as the workgroup name like you would need to manually change it.

Message 13 of 18
oscardeuce
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Set the workgroup name to workgroup, and it worked for one day. Had to restart my computer, and now it's gone again. It shows up as a media device, but I can't access my backup folder or files except throught the web browser. Not too helpful for restoring or backing up.

Entering the NAS address into explorer opens a web browser to the admin page, so that's no help.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 14 of 18
StephenB
Guru

@oscardeuce wrote:
 Entering the NAS address into explorer opens a web browser to the admin page, so that's no help.

You entered \\NASaddress ???

Message 15 of 18
oscardeuce
Aspirant

Yes. I entered //(nas name) and the web browser opens to the admin page. file explorer shows the media directories, but won't show anything else. It all works fine from my windows 7 laptop.

Message 16 of 18
oscardeuce
Aspirant

Sorry, meant \\(nas name).

Message 17 of 18
StephenB
Guru

\\nasname shouldn't open the browser, it should simply fail if the connection isn't possible.

//nasname will always open the browser.

Did you also try \\nasipaddress

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements