× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas

karishmadan
Aspirant

readynas

hi my ready nas has suddenly crashed and no volumes recognised i cant use plex or acess any of my files on the disc what should i do

Karishma

Model: ReadyNASRNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: readynas

I'm glad your data wasn't lost.

But you did have a close call - I suggest that you put a backup plan in place for your NAS.  RAID alone is not enough to keep your data safe.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@karishmadan wrote:

hi my ready nas has suddenly crashed and no volumes recognised i cant use plex or acess any of my files on the disc what should i do

Karishma

If you are the original purchaser, are running 4.2.x firmware on your ultra, and have no backup, then I suggest starting with paid per-incident support (my.netgear.com).

Message 2 of 6
karishmadan
Aspirant

is there any other solution??

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@karishmadan wrote:

is there any other solution??

Anything you try on your own risks making the situation more difficult for support.

Message 4 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi karishmadan,

Welcome to the community!

It seems like your volume is up again after it was fixed by one of our Tier 3 Engineers. Kindly mark this thread closed by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Kind regards,

BrianL
​​​​​​​NETGEAR Community Team​​​​​​​

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad your data wasn't lost.

But you did have a close call - I suggest that you put a backup plan in place for your NAS.  RAID alone is not enough to keep your data safe.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements