× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: redynas 312

Damia
Guide

redynas 312

quick question which teaming mode (adapter bonding ) will be best to use for streming and file accessing wich dosnt need switch support

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@Damia wrote:

I do have  a few users 

What is the difference between ALB and TLB ?

TLB is transmit only, so it only applies to files downloaded from the NAS.  ALB works in both directions (and might be more tempermental).  

Another option is to get a switch that supports LACP.

I don't think you'll see much gain with the RN300, so if you see problems simply revert back to a single ethernet connection.  These modes can be a bit like jumbo frames - sometimes they create more trouble than they are worth.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The two best options are ALB and TLB.  In general these won't boost performance much unless you have several simultaneous users.  For most people using just one NIC interface is fine.

Message 2 of 4
Damia
Guide

I do have  a few users 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Damia wrote:

I do have  a few users 

TLB is transmit only, so it only applies to files downloaded from the NAS.  ALB works in both directions (and might be more tempermental).  

Another option is to get a switch that supports LACP.

I don't think you'll see much gain with the RN300, so if you see problems simply revert back to a single ethernet connection.  These modes can be a bit like jumbo frames - sometimes they create more trouble than they are worth.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements