× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: won't boot power light blinking RN10200

dilin77
Aspirant

won't boot power light blinking RN10200

updated to latest (version 6.4.2) of os, it rebooted fine, then I changed permissions on share and it rebooted and now it won't boot, I have tried reinstalling os, but still same result power button blinking, and the act, drive1, drive2 constant on
Message 1 of 25
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dilin77,

Does RAIDar detect the NAS? If so, what is the status?

If not, can you try reconnecting it to the network and if same problem connect it straight to the computer that has the RAIDar.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

Radar initially saw it after i reinstalled the os, then it would not
Message 3 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

raidar does not see it now, and I can't get to it through the web interface
Message 4 of 25
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dilin77,

It must be loosing the network connection. Can you check the network cable it is using? Make sure it is properly plugged in or plug it to another LAN port.

Regards,

Message 5 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

It is connected to the network, when raidar initially saw it i noted the ip address that dhcp assigned. I can ping it, but the web interface says webpage cannot be displayed
Message 6 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help is appreciated. power light still blinking after 12 hours.
Message 7 of 25
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dilin77,

Are you still able its IP address? But no access to admin page.

May I ask what was its FW version prior to 6.4.2? How many disks inserted?

Regards,

Message 8 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

I can only ping the ip address,  I can't access the web interface, and I can't see anything with a scan with raidar.  I have 2 drives configured as raid 1,  I have a usb backup of the data and i think i have an old config backup of the os.  I really don't want to do a factory default....

Message 9 of 25
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dilin77,

Did you receive any email notification/s about a failed or failing hard drive/s? Since you have backup of your data, you can try to boot your drive/s individually. Well, this could do the trick but you always have the option to contact our support team but expect that there will be a fee for the assistance.

Note: If you will do this procedure, the drives must not be switched or swapped when you boot up your system. Label or mark them once removed.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

I did not recieve any messages about a bad drive, and looked at it before doing the upgrade. I tried booting with no drives and it came up in raidar only but showed no drives as to be expected.  it is worth a try doing 1 drive at a time.

Message 11 of 25
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dilin77,

Thanks for the quick response. Hope you could give it a try and let us know what happens.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

powered off, took out drive 2, powered back up and it showed in raidar for about 2 minutes with ip address and said that it was checking file system, then all of a sudden it vanished from raidar. Has just binking power light, and drive 1 solid light on and solid light on act.  after about 6 min. it sitll not showing in raidar

Message 13 of 25
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dilin77,

Give it a little more time. Also, do a continuous ping through CMD using its IP address so you can see if its done or has shown up in your network. If it still doesn't work, try the same procedure using the other drive.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

waited about 45 min with the first drive (drive1) and i could ping but couldn't see it in raidar, and I couldn't access the web interface.  After that I tried the same proceedure with drive 2.  This time, it never showed up in raidar and I couldn't access the web interface. I could however ping it under the origional ip address.  Then I put both drives back in a powered it back up and I can ping under the origional ip address, but can't see it in raidar, and I can not access the web interface.  Same place I was when I started.  any other suggestions?

Message 15 of 25
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dilin77,

Do you still have a recent copy of your device logs? Check if you can download the logs through the latest RAIDar software (found here). Once you have a copy, kindly send it to us.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 16 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

I do not have a copy of the latest or any log files.  I am using the latest version of Raidar, and I do not know how to access the log files if Raidar doesn't see the nas?  Please advise.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 17 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

is there a way to connect to the nas via usb, or through the RJ45 connection in order to access files or data using SSH telnet client like PuTTY? Just a thought?

Message 18 of 25
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dilin77,

There is no way you can access the NAS via its USB connection. The USB ports are designed for USB disks to back up the volume of the NAS or add as another storage to the NAS.

If you still have the USB disk plugged in to the NAS, unplug it and boot up the NAS again.

If same problem, I guess you really have to contact support.

Regards,

Message 19 of 25
StephenB
Guru

@dilin77 wrote:

is there a way to connect to the nas via usb, or through the RJ45 connection in order to access files or data using SSH telnet client like PuTTY? Just a thought?

No to USB (as JennC said).  

You can connect over ethernet over putty using ssh - but you need to enable ssh in the web ui first (which I think isn't working at the moment).

If you don't have a backup, I'd suggest using per-incident netgear support.

Message 20 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

I do not have anything conneted to usb to previous question.

... so...is factory defult my only opption and reconfigure, and restore from backup??  How do I use the backed up config files to restore the configuration of the nas?

Message 21 of 25
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dilin77,

Yes factory reset if you do not want to try the support center.

After factory reset, you will get a chance to reinstall and recreate the volume. For restoring, you can create a back up job in the admin page with the source as the storage of your backup and destination as your NAS' volume. See How do I back up data from a USB disk to my ReadyNAS OS 6 system? article.

Regards,

Message 22 of 25
StephenB
Guru

@dilin77 wrote:

How do I use the backed up config files to restore the configuration of the nas?

The general process is 

(a) do the reset and minimal initial setup.  Volumes need to use the same name as the saved config.

(b) reinstall your apps (reinstall all apps that you had installed when you backed up the config)

(c) restore the config backup (same screen as the one from which you backed up the configuration)

(d) restore the data backup

Message 23 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, and advice.

Message 24 of 25
dilin77
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, and advice.

Message 25 of 25