Répondre

Re: RND-2B wish to use with MacMini 2018 - Setup says needs upgrade - Can't find one - Help!

nonsibicunctis
Aspirant

RND-2B wish to use with MacMini 2018 - Setup says needs upgrade - Can't find one - Help!

I have a Netgear ReadyNas model RND-2B, serial no; 2UM42AEC00D12 with 2 x 2tb Disk Drives

I purchased many years ago and used until about 2018 or 2019.  Then, because of long illness & more, it has sat idle.  It was working perfectly & is in as new conditon.  I had it attached to a router for use on a home network.

I now have a. 2018 MacMini and would like to use the ReadyNas as a backup RAID.  I have a couple of issues and have lost any instructions I had but still have the original DVD that came with it.  However, when I try to install that, I'm told that it is out of date and needs an upgrade.  I was unable to find any such on the Netgear site.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1.  Can this ReadyNas be used coupled directly by eNet or USB to the MacMini and used as a storage device or must it be coupled to the Router?

2. Is there an update available that will allow me to set it up or is this now fully obsolete and no longer usable?

If anyone can advise or help me I would be very grateful.  I haven't found the Netgear site very useful as, for me at least, it is not intuitive and I seemed to continually get trapped in loops.  I don't mean to denigrate Netgear - I've always had good service from their products.  However, as I've been using computers since the early 1970's, I am now finding that things aren't as I'm used to and perhaps my head just isn't as flexible or alert or switched on as it may once have been.  At any rate, I seem to hit these problems again and again.  Perhaps also it is because I look after my gear an it lasts and lasts and invariably becomes obsolescent or, sadly, in some cases obsolete.

If I am in the wrong place, am expecting too much, have been boring or stupid or in any other way transgressed, please accept my apologies and, if you are willing and would be kind enough, please direct me to where I might be able to get some help.

Thanks.  

Message 1 sur 3

Solutions approuvées
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RND-2B wish to use with MacMini 2018 - Setup says needs upgrade - Can't find one - Help!

@nonsibicunctis

Welcome to the Community!

1.  Can this ReadyNas be used coupled directly by eNet or USB to the MacMini and used as a storage device or must it be coupled to the Router? Yes, this needs to be connected to the router if you need the volume to be accessed on the Network. Here is a KB article if you need to directly connect it to a Mac or PC

2. Is there an update available that will allow me to set it up or is this now fully obsolete and no longer usable? Updated RAIDar is available here.

HTH

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

Message 2 sur 3

Toutes les réponses
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nonsibicunctis

Welcome to the Community!

1.  Can this ReadyNas be used coupled directly by eNet or USB to the MacMini and used as a storage device or must it be coupled to the Router? Yes, this needs to be connected to the router if you need the volume to be accessed on the Network. Here is a KB article if you need to directly connect it to a Mac or PC

2. Is there an update available that will allow me to set it up or is this now fully obsolete and no longer usable? Updated RAIDar is available here.

HTH

Message 2 sur 3
nonsibicunctis
Aspirant

@Marc_V Marc V,

My apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I wish to thank you for your most helpful suggestions to my questions regarding how to regain reuse of my ReadyNas Duo v.2.

I really appreciate your prompt & relevant assistance.

Thank you,

Take care.  Be safe.

roger

Message 3 sur 3
Statistiques de discussion
  • 2 réponses
  • 1068 visites
  • 1 compliment
  • 2 en conversation