Follower

SPH200D "sign in was not successful"

[ Edited ]

Help
I originally installed my SPH200D in Italy - worked fine.
I shipped it back to UK for a month or so - worked fine.
I am now back in Italy and tried to connect. Won't sign in to my Skype account. After entering my Skype name and password, I get "sign in was not successful"
I connect the ADSL modem straight into the base station - Won't sign in.
My computer can sign in through my router (netgear) without a problem. (I have skype credit).
I have reset the base station to default settings, and also reset the handset. Still won't sign in.
Can anybody suggest anything?
Thanks
Keith

Aspirant

Re: SPH200D "sign in was not successful"

I have exactly the same problem with my SPH200D which I bought today.
I should have read first this forum and I would save my money.
I hope someone will give us a tip of can we solve this problem.
cheers
aris
Aspirant

Hi
Did you ever somve this problem? I bought an SPH200D yesterday and have had the same problem!! Is yours fixed now or have you sent it back?

thanks
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I used the SPH200D successfully in my office, used it at home ok, then tried to use it in the office again and can't connect to Skype.

Any solutions to this problem?
Aspirant

ticotico, mine is working now, is yours? I even logged off today and the phone logged in again automatically first time.
Aspirant

Hello, I am having the same problem. Can any one tell me how to fix this problem? SPH200D - "sign in was not successful" and I have reset everything and power cycled.
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

Device: SPH 101
Firmware: 1.0.46.11
Problem first time appeared on: 2011-08-20

Even the new account registration doesn't work. It reports the username cannot contain " characters (quotation mark). I have tried user name "test123".

It seems it is a service / incompatibility issue. The device worked from 2008 without a problem.

Unfortunately there is no log available to diagnose the problem. Maybe the Skype login server is banning our devices or they have updated the protocol.
Aspirant

The problem is that Netgear haven't bothered to roll out a new update to keep our phones in line with SKYPEs network requirements.

Thats what SKYPE are stating on their website... have a look!
Aspirant

And what is the next step? To dispose all Netgear phones and purchase a new phone from a different manufacturer?

It was not a $10 device, it costed a lots more.
Aspirant

Send me the link of this statement please.
Aspirant

Copy here the Skype link please.
Novice

the problem is not just with netgear... other (skype)phones have exactly the same problem.
IMO, the prtoblem is 100% skype...
if they certify phones for the use with skype, than they should make sure everything keeps working for these phones.
what's gonna be the next step... incompatibility with windows pc's.

skype is a huge rip off, and i'm lookin' for an alternative as we speak.
i am really fed up with this policy that gives companies the right to change just about everything they like, regardless the "victims" they create along with it.
people paid quite some money for these phones (wich says SKYPE CERTIFIED in huge letters on the back).

some one should do something about this...
just imagine you go to the gas station tomorrow, and the filling pump dont fit your tank anymore.
would you also expect a rediculous explanation about "mercedes didnt update their gastanks after our update"?

what a bunch of crap...

franco
Highlighted
Novice

look here... on the 1st page only, i can see Netgear phones, DualPhones, Philips phones and Belkin phones, wich are all "skype certified phones", not able to login to their skype account.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-devices/bd-p/Mobile_other

still sure this is a netgear problem?.. and a dualphone problem, and a philips problem, and a belkin problem, and who knows what other brand problem?
now, i know that netgear isn't really state of the art stuff, but it has always worked just fine untill skype decided to make changes (wich they call updates)...
updates my @ss...

franco
Discussion Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation