Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adding multiple VPN users to NETGEAR FVS318Gv2

DanGil
Aspirant

Adding multiple VPN users to NETGEAR FVS318Gv2

I have read "https://community.netgear.com/t5/VPN-Firewalls/How-do-I-allow-multiple-users-to-VPN-in-at-once/m-p/9..." but I still cannot seem to configure the NetGear FVS318Gv2 to allow multiple users.

I intitally configured the NETGEAR FVS318Gv2 to allow a single user connect via a shared secret but now I need to add additional users.  I have scoured the NETGEAR FVS318Gv2 manual but I am no closer to coming up with a solution.  Is there any advice anyone can give me?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Adding multiple VPN users to NETGEAR FVS318Gv2

@DanGil,

On behalf of @Dan_Z, thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that you were able to configure multiple users connecting at the same time. 🙂   Also, it seemed that this forum thread is exactly the same concern as your post here

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi DanGil,
Welcome to the community!

Here is the steps to config IPsec user on firewall.
1.On User->User page,add the user,select user type to IPSEC VPN User
2.Create Client-to-Gateway IPsec policy
3.Disable vpn policy
4.Go to VPN->IPSec VPN->IKE policies,edit XAUTH configuration to Edge Device,Auth type select User Database
5.Enable vpn policy
6.Config VPN client that can refer https://community.netgear.com/t5/VPN-Firewalls/How-do-I-allow-multiple-users-to-VPN-in-at-once/m-p/9...

Thanks,
Dan

Message 2 of 5
DanGil
Aspirant

I followed the suggested steps but still no luck.  I am going to reread the manual starting at Chapter 5 and see how I end up.

Message 3 of 5
DanGil
Aspirant

After rereading Chapter 5 I was able to implement the Extended Authentication (XAuth) and I now have multiple users connecting at the same time.

You can consider this issue solved.

Thank you.

Dan

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@DanGil,

On behalf of @Dan_Z, thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that you were able to configure multiple users connecting at the same time. 🙂   Also, it seemed that this forum thread is exactly the same concern as your post here

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements