Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Android can not download from play store Options

lukrasco
Initiate

Android can not download from play store Options

Both of my HTC droidx2 android phones and my Acer A500 android tablet will no longer download apps from the Google play store or play you tube videos on my home WIFI network anymore. I have Cox cable and a Motorola modem going through my Vonage modem to my FVG318 Netgear pro-safe WIFI 8 port router that is still on the original firmware and is using wireless G on WPA. They all three worked just fine until a few weeks ago. I changed nothing on my network and I have contacted Verison and they say it is something in my network. I contacted Acer and found that when using my phones 3G WIFI hot spot the Acer will work fine on that WIFI as well as on other WIFI hot spots around town. Both phones work fine on 3G but not on my home WIFI network... they quit downloading apps or playing you tube videos. I can access and view the WEB/internet and check my mail. Just no you tube or downloading from the Google Play Store when connected to my home WIFI network. I can navigate and search the Google play store but I can not download from it. I can search you tube and see the video thumbs but can not play any of them. I get "connection to server lost touch to try again" Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lukrasco, 

Welcome to the community! 

This may be one of the weird network issues that we get every once in a while. The fact that the issue only happens on android devices makes it even weirder. I'd start with updating the firmware of the FVG318 and see if it will help. You may also test youtube by opening it in a browser (Chrome, Dolphin, Opera) instead of the app and see it if will let you play any videos. Just to confirm, can you play youtube videos on your computer or other non-android devices? 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lukrasco, 

Welcome to the community! 

This may be one of the weird network issues that we get every once in a while. The fact that the issue only happens on android devices makes it even weirder. I'd start with updating the firmware of the FVG318 and see if it will help. You may also test youtube by opening it in a browser (Chrome, Dolphin, Opera) instead of the app and see it if will let you play any videos. Just to confirm, can you play youtube videos on your computer or other non-android devices? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 4
lukrasco
Initiate

Hi JohnRo

I try download the latest apk for play store in the vesion 5.0.08 www.playstore.one and now is done

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lukrasco, 

Thanks for the update. I'm sure this will be a lot of help if other users experience the same issue. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements