Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 with FVS318Gv2 - Comcast Internet Problems

channingkj
Aspirant

CM600 with FVS318Gv2 - Comcast Internet Problems

Comcast/xfinity cable internet. Some sort of service with a boost upgrade "up to 200 Mbps" speeds. Hooked directly up to the cable modem I could get a Speedtest at around 170mbps.

Then when I put the router into the configuration and set it up to use DHCP from the provider I'm not getting any web sites. My PC shows I have internet connection and I can ping and tracert a web site from a command window. But I can't browse the internet using a browser. There seems to be a problem with the way the router is managing the LAN/WAN connection.

The router works great for a CenturyLink PPPoE connection. Just the Comcast connection seems to cause problems.

I think I'm probably making a dumb mistake but can't figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
channingkj
Aspirant

Re: CM600 with FVS318Gv2 - Comcast Internet Problems

Hi there.  I phoned Netgear support and worked with someone to troubleshoot my issues, and it turns out the unit (the firewall) was defective.  I've started the RMA process, and I have received the replacement unit.  

After installing the replacement unit and configuring it in my home network, everything is working great. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
channingkj
Aspirant

Sorry. The modem is a Netgear CM600 cable modem, and the router is a FVS318Gv2 with the latest firmware.
Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello channingkj, 

Welcome to the community! 

Have you tried using other browsers? Do all of the devices experience the same issue when connected to the router? Also, I'd like to know what firmware version you currently have on the router. 

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi channingkj, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
channingkj
Aspirant

Hi there.  I phoned Netgear support and worked with someone to troubleshoot my issues, and it turns out the unit (the firewall) was defective.  I've started the RMA process, and I have received the replacement unit.  

After installing the replacement unit and configuring it in my home network, everything is working great. 

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi channingkj, 

It is great to know that everything is back up on your network. I suggest marking your previous post as "Accepted Solution". This will help other users when searching for related topics. 

All the best, 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements