Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DNS Issue with FVS336gv2

kellysea
Aspirant

DNS Issue with FVS336gv2

I have 5 sites all with FVS336gv2. In our hub site we have a dhcp server and everything works fine. 

In our spoke sites the fvs336gv2 is running DHCP and in ipconfig /all lists a couple of our dns servers and the fvs336gv2 is listed as a third dns server. Is this normal? If not how do i get rid of it as a DNS server.

When i try to join a new computer to our domain i have to manually set the dns servers then i move it back to auto config once joined. 

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Re: DNS Issue with FVS336gv2

Under the LAN settings, untick the "Enable DNS proxy", then make sure the DNS fields are pointing to whatever DNS server you want to use. If "Use DNS proxy" is ticked, the FVS will advertise itself as a DNS server through DHCP but forward all requests to the DNS server set for the WAN.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Danthem
NETGEAR Employee

Under the LAN settings, untick the "Enable DNS proxy", then make sure the DNS fields are pointing to whatever DNS server you want to use. If "Use DNS proxy" is ticked, the FVS will advertise itself as a DNS server through DHCP but forward all requests to the DNS server set for the WAN.

Message 2 of 3
kellysea
Aspirant

I changed it and it works. Thanky you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements