Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does Netgear still sell a VPN Firewall/Router

ted7
Aspirant

Does Netgear still sell a VPN Firewall/Router

Hello,

I am a small business owner and currently own a couple of FVS336Gv3's and have a site to site VPN running.  I was preparing to buy another Netgear VPN Firewall to expand to a 3rd site, but am unable to find a new one to purchase.  Does Netgear still make VPN Firewalls? 

Can anyone recommend a replacement VPN Firewall/Router in a similar class as the FVS336Gv3 by another manufacturer?

Thanks

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
train_wreck
Luminary

No, Netgear gave up on them. All are end-of-life as of September 1 2017, and from their attitude it doesn't appear they plan on re-entering the market.

D-Link makes a DSR-500 that is nearly identical to the FVS336G, but is still supported (latest firmware 8/1/2017). Cisco recently revved their RV series and now offer an RV340 that is comparable. Ubiquiti and Mikrotik both blow the big guys out of the water in my opinion, and I've had good experiences with Fortinet and Sophos VPN Firewalls recently, though configuration is a bit more complex on those devices. And there's always enterprise level stuff (Cisco's 891F can be had for under $500 in certain places).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
train_wreck
Luminary

No, Netgear gave up on them. All are end-of-life as of September 1 2017, and from their attitude it doesn't appear they plan on re-entering the market.

D-Link makes a DSR-500 that is nearly identical to the FVS336G, but is still supported (latest firmware 8/1/2017). Cisco recently revved their RV series and now offer an RV340 that is comparable. Ubiquiti and Mikrotik both blow the big guys out of the water in my opinion, and I've had good experiences with Fortinet and Sophos VPN Firewalls recently, though configuration is a bit more complex on those devices. And there's always enterprise level stuff (Cisco's 891F can be had for under $500 in certain places).

Message 2 of 3
ted7
Aspirant

Thank you. I appreciate the info.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation