Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS310Gv2 Firmware Upgrade Hung

JohnDeVito
Aspirant

FVS310Gv2 Firmware Upgrade Hung

I have an FVS318Gv2.  I had firmware version 4.3.3-6 on it.  I recently saw a US-CERT bulletin indicating that there was a medium level security vulnerability on firmware versions lower than 4.3.3-8.  I downloaded 4.3.4-2 from the NetGear website and when I try to apply it I get a message that it is an invalid file.  I downloaded it again, go the same message.

I downloaded 4.3.3-8 and 4.3.4-1, thinking perhaps the updates might be cumulative.  When I try to upgrade to 4.3.3-8 it has been sitting here for at least a half hour with the warning that the upgrade would take a "few minutes" and not to interrupt the upload or power off the device or it may damage the firmware.  I can ping 4.2.2.2 on the internet, but I have no name resolution, and I cannot access the IP address of the device to open the web page.  the page I was doing the upgrade from just says connecting.

I don't know what else to do but unplug it and hope it boots back up.  Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

John

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 5
JohnDeVito
Aspirant

I tried rebooting power, now it is dead.  I have no option but to call NetGear, who will charge me for support because their stupid firmware upgrade screwed up.  My day is going well.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JohnDeVito,

If ever the 90-day phone and e-mail support on your FVS318Gv2 has expired, you still have Lifetime Chat Support with NETGEAR.  I encourage you to open an online chat case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Let them know about what happened to your FVS318Gv2.  If its proven faulty then you might need to submit a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the FVS318Gv2 for warranty verification.  If the hardware waranty is still valid, then an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JohnDeVito,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to open an online chat case with NETGEAR Support?  If yes, how is the progress of it.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@JohnDeVito,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements