Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS318Gv2 - Broadband Speed Limits - WAN

CliveTaylor
Aspirant

FVS318Gv2 - Broadband Speed Limits - WAN

Hi all,

i have a couple of these Netgear FVS318Gv2 routers and have the need to limit the speed allowed on the WAN.

there is a section to configure the WAN speed Limits but it doesn't work. i'm still testing at fill speed from the isp.

the firmware is upto date (ver FVS318Gv2_V4.3.4-2)

anyone any ideas.

thanks

Clive

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi CliveTaylor,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Are you referring to the WAN Traffic Meter?  If not, kindly read pages 349-353 of the FVS318Gv2 reference manual on How to Enable WAN Traffic Meter and try it.  

Also, you may want to upgrade the firmware of the FVS318Gv2 from v4.3.4-2 to v4.3.5-3.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure it from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then configure the WAN Traffic Meter and check the result.  

You can download firmware v4.3.5-3 here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
CliveTaylor
Aspirant

Hi Dane,

many thanks for your reply and link to a newer version of firmware. I shall give this a try and see what the outcome is.

i pretty sure its not traffice meter that i want to configure, but correct me if i am wrong.

I have a 30MB lease line, the router i want to limit to 3MB of that speed. i want the users to be limited to 3MB collectively.

Network configuration>Broadband ISP Settings>Advanced

there is the option for Upload/Download Settings where you can configure the WAN connection speed (upload & Download).

setting this to 3072kbps i would of expected the end user to not get more than 3mb?

the only thing i didn't do after the last firmware was to factory reset the device. I will try this on the next upgrade, but could you confirm what i would like to do is possible and how?

I had not issues setting this feature on a Dratek router i have

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@CliveTaylor,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to try my suggestion about the How to Enable WAN Traffic Meter as well as try to upgrade the firmware to v4.3.5-3?  If yes, what are your observations?

I have checked what you are referring to on where you have set the limit to 3MB when you go to Network Configuration > Broadband ISP Settings > Advanced.  Were you able to try to reboot the FVS318Gv2 after you have configured the settings on the Upload/Download Settings?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements