Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318Gv2 unavailable?

Johnny-Mac
Aspirant

FVS318Gv2 unavailable?

I'm having a bear of a time finding this on any stores, even Amazon. Any ideas?

Thanks

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: FVS318Gv2 unavailable?

@Johnny-Mac,

Thank you for still considering the ProSAFE routers. We appreciate valued customers like you. Unfortunately, yes, and there still no announcement if they will still be producing one.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Johnny-Mac,

Welcome to our community!

You may still try to check other local or online stores. NETGEAR also announced that the firewalls was terminated.

"Attention:

NETGEAR Inc. will terminate the ProSAFE VPN Firewalls on September 1, 2017. The last software update for these products was provided in April 2017. NETGEAR Inc. will continue to honor valid warranty claims for all ProSAFE VPN Firewall devices purchased from an authorized reseller. To complete the full exit from the product line, NETGEAR Inc. will no longer provide ProSAFE VPN Firewall software support or subscription updates for any ProSAFE VPN Firewall devices after September 1, 2017."

Here is the reference.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Johnny-Mac
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. It appears I missed that memo. That's too bad, the FVS lineup was my go-to router for over a decade. I'm not aware of any other ProSAFE routers, so it appears you're pulling out of the business router space altogether?

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Johnny-Mac,

Thank you for still considering the ProSAFE routers. We appreciate valued customers like you. Unfortunately, yes, and there still no announcement if they will still be producing one.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements