Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318Gv2 very slow inter vlan / lan to dmz

syymon
Aspirant

FVS318Gv2 very slow inter vlan / lan to dmz

Any suggestions would be great thanks......

Have had the FVS318Gv2 running for a couple of weeks now and am fairly happy with it apart from the poor performance that I'm getting inter VLAN. (approx 70mbps)

I cannot find any specification for this inter vlan performance available anywhere by Netgear but had hoped that it would be not much less than my performance between devices across the same vlan (currently averaging and always close to 800mbps for us). It seems strange that our speed between different vlans is slower than our speed to the WAN (92mbps - we have a 100mbps leased line)!

The speed is the same (approx 70mbps read/write) regardless of whether I am testing VLAN1 to DMZ or VLAN1 to VLAN2. There is no QOS enabled.

For testing, this is the setup I now have:

General info

I have swapped out all cables for ones I know to be good

Firmware = 4.3.5-3

All test PCs have Gigabet networking capability

All test PCs directly connected to FVS318Gv2 ports

Various restarts / reloads of config file

With PC1 diresctly connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC2 connected to DMZ (port 😎 run speed test from PC1. Result=70mbps r+w

With PC1 connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC2 connected to VLAN1 on port 2 run speed test from PC1. Result=800mbps r+w

With PC1 diresctly connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC2 connected to VLAN2 on port 7 run speed test from PC1. Result=70mbps r+w

change target pc to check

With PC1 diresctly connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC3 connected to DMZ (port 😎 run speed test from PC1. Result=70mbps r+w

With PC1 connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC3 connected to VLAN1 on port 2 run speed test from PC1. Result=800mbps r+w

With PC1 diresctly connected to VLAN1 on port 1 and PC3 connected to VLAN2 on port 7 run speed test from PC1. Result=70mbps r+w

Run speed test from PC1 on VLAN1 to internet - 92mbps Down 89mbps Up (regular average readings to multiple locations)

Run speed test from PC2 on DMZ to internet - 57mbps Down 49mbps Up (regular average readings to multiple locations).

It appears as if something strange is going on in VLANs other than the "primary".

I really need to be able to transfer large datasets from our internal LAN (VLAN1) to the DMZ at speeds close to internal LAN speed.

Please can someone suggest why this does not seem possible with this device?

Thanks

Model: FVG318v2|ProSafe 802.11g Wireless VPN Firewall 8-ports
Message 1 of 3
train_wreck
Luminary

Re: FVS318Gv2 very slow inter vlan / lan to dmz

Have you enabled the "Unique MAC address per VLAN" feature of the device?

Message 2 of 3
syymon
Aspirant

Re: FVS318Gv2 very slow inter vlan / lan to dmz

I have just tried that and the result is the same - very similar speeds cross VLAN (70mbps).

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements