Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N Failed To Update

PlasticNetwork
Follower

FVS318N Failed To Update

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my FVS318N. It was taking an age to complete so I left it overnight in the hope that it would be fine in the morning.

Unfortunately not. After looking at other replies to the same problem, I eventually tried a power cycle but the device is no longer responding. The Power (green) and Test (amber) light are constantly on. I've tried the reset button and have tried several posts for resetting while power cycling etc. but nothing appears to be working.

It would appear the device is bricked. Any suggestions on what to try next? Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318N Failed To Update

Hi @PlasticNetwork,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the FVS318N from the existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. Insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole.  Then, press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the FVS318N while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the FVS318N while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Check if the FVS318N will boot up properly.  Observe the LED lights and check if you are still able to log in to the web-GUI. 

Let us know the result.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318N Failed To Update

@PlasticNetwork,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements