Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N not working with new modem-router

Aneurysm
Tutor

FVS318N not working with new modem-router

Hi, I'm trying to connect the ProSafe FVS318N to a new modem-router but it doesn't work, without the FVS318N internet connection works on every PC on the LAN.
This is the story: in the past years I had another modem router (ADSL) that worked fine with the FVS318N, then i updated to 100 Mb fiber connection and the only things I did was to reconnect the new modem-router that the ISP gave to me to the LAN and the FVS318N, everything was working fine in a matter of minutes, now I changed to a new ISP (always fiber), but connecting the new modem-router as I always did, it doesn't work, I can see broadband status "UP" from the web interface of the FVS318N but PCs on the LAN can't surf the web, I tried also a manual IP configuration and manual DNS configuration on the PCs but without success.

The firmware of the FVS318N is updated to the latest; I tried even by moving it to another ADSL line using an "old" Netgear DGN2200v3 and it works, just connecting the lan cables in the correct order and powering on the FVS318N once the modem-router was "UP", so 3 modem-routers works and 1 don't, asking help here, thank you.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: FVS318N not working with new modem-router

@Aneurysm,

Please let us know if everything works fine right after you change the IP of one the routers that you have so that we may know if that is the one causing the problem.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Aneurysm,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that you wanted to connect the FVS318N to your network. Maybe you do have an IP conflict with the other router? Please try changing the LAN IP of the FVS318N and follow the steps below.

- Please reset the firewall to factory default first by pressing and holding the reset button for about 15-20 seconds

- Connect your PC directly to the FVS318N via ethernet cable, there should be no other connections except your PC.

- Login to the GUI

- Select Network Configuration > LAN Setup from the main menu. Click Edit

- Change the IP setup from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.10.1, 255.255.255.0 and the range to 192.168.10.100-254

- Put a check mark on Enable DNS proxy

- Apply, then reconnect the WAN port to your new modem-router and see if that would work.

Here is an article for reference.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Aneurysm
Tutor

I'll try to change the Modem-router IP instead of the Prosafe one, thank you in advance

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Aneurysm,

Please let us know if everything works fine right after you change the IP of one the routers that you have so that we may know if that is the one causing the problem.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Aneurysm
Tutor

Changed again the modem-router IP and not it's working, thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements