Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318N reoccurring issue with Sonicwall VPN

Retired_Member
Not applicable

FVS318N reoccurring issue with Sonicwall VPN

Good day,

I am looking for assistance from the Netgear community as I don't have much experience with any Netgear products.

We have a NETGEAR ProSafe FVS318N, with firmware 4.3.5-3, along with two Dell Sonicwall TZ400. The connection was working just find until four weeks ago, when suddenly, once per week, we get a connection error, IPSEC SA not Established, on both VPN connections to the two Sonicwalls. I'm not sure want causes this issue, but I'd like to see if anyone out there has experienced something similar or knows of potential troubleshooting process to try.

Each time the connections are lost, I've done the same thing to fix it:

- Power cycle the FVS318N

- Power cycle our ISP equipment

- Then wait for everything to turn back on and open command prompt on a local and remote computer to ping -t either of the servers at each location. If I see a Reply, then I see IPSEC SA ESTABLISHED on the connection that starts to work again.

I would like to find out if there is something I can fix in the settings I configured to fix the issue I'm having and also learn if something is causing the lost connection. I've attached the output from VPN Logs under the Monitoring tab. I can provide other logs if necessary to troubleshoot this further.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements