Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336G does not detect Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) as WAN

gklaer
Aspirant

FVS336G does not detect Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) as WAN

I have two MR1100 LTE modem/routers that I am need to load balance with the FVS336Gv2. This is due to speed/congestion issues with the current ADSL connection. However the FVS336G is not detecting the presence of the MR1100s.

When I connect the MR1100 to the network without the FVS336G, the network is able to access the internet via the MR1100. However this doesn't allow sharing of the data. Am I missing a setting on the FVS336G or MR1100?

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 6
SamirD
Prodigy

Re: FVS336G does not detect Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) as WAN

Does the fvs get IP addresses from the mr1100s?

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gklaer,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Here are my follow-up questions:

a. Is your FVS336Gv2 working before?

b. What is the current firmware version of the FVS336Gv2?  

c. Do you have other VPN Firewalls other than the FVS336Gv2?  If yes, kindly try to set it up with the MR1100 then check if it will be detected on its WAN port and if you will be able to access the internet through it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gklaer,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 6
gklaer
Aspirant

Hi JohnRo,

I haven't had a chance to do some testing and checks of the FVS336G back on an ADSL solution again. The unit has been in storage since my wife's business moved, and while it was working prior to the move, I want to double check that it can still detect the ADSL WAN connection.

Cheers

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@gklaer,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to try to set up the FVS336Gv2 for WAN connection and check if you can go online through it?  If yes, let us know the results.  

Also, were you able to try to set up other VPN Firewalls other than the FVS336Gv2 with the MR1100 then check if it will be detected on its WAN port and if you will be able to access the internet through it?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements