Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336GV3 WAN stays at "Connection State: Connecting..."

JSG_2016
Aspirant

FVS336GV3 WAN stays at "Connection State: Connecting..."

Hi all

I'm having problems trying to get our 336 (firmware 4.3.3-5) connect a  Comtrend VG-8050 router to the WAN2 port.

The WAN2 port is configured for no no login and DHCP. It does indeed get an IP from the router's DHCP and also the DNS servers but stays at "Connection State: Connecting..."

Can please anyone help?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JSG_2016
Aspirant

Thanks for both the welcome and the answer DaneA.

What fixed the problem was similar to your proposed action though applied to the router, I flashed its latest firm and reset to defaults once rebooted and reconfigured it worked fine!!!

I'm not sure about upgrading the 336 to 4.3.3-6 firmware though, release notes mentions a single fix to a problem I don't think I have..... ("Routers that have FAILED their PCI Compliance SCANS")

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JSG_2016,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Was the Comtrend VG-8050 working fine before with the FVS336Gv3?  

b. Have you tried to connect the Comtrend VG-8050 to WAN1 port of the FVS336Gv3?

c. Have you tried to set the Comtrend VG-8050 as a modem-only device set to bridge mode then connect it either to WAN1 port or WAN2 port of the FVS336Gv3?

You may want to try to update the firmware of the FVS336Gv3 to v4.3.3-6.   Then perform a factory reset on it after a successful firmware upgrade then reconfigure it from scratch.   Then check if you will be able to set up the Comtrend VG-8050 to either WAN ports of the FVS336Gv3.   Here is the link where to download the latest firmware v4.3.3-6.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
JSG_2016
Aspirant

Thanks for both the welcome and the answer DaneA.

What fixed the problem was similar to your proposed action though applied to the router, I flashed its latest firm and reset to defaults once rebooted and reconfigured it worked fine!!!

I'm not sure about upgrading the 336 to 4.3.3-6 firmware though, release notes mentions a single fix to a problem I don't think I have..... ("Routers that have FAILED their PCI Compliance SCANS")

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JSG_2016,

I am glad to know the problem has been fixed. 🙂 

Since its already working, I think that a firmware upgrade won't be necessary as of the moment.  Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community. 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements