Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv2 L2TP VPN on Windows 10

Retired_Member
Not applicable

FVS336Gv2 L2TP VPN on Windows 10

All,

Here's the problem: I have a FVS336Gv2 that will not let me connect using a L2TP VPN.  The software is

System Name:FVS336GV2
Firmware Version:3.1.1-08

Here's the odd part: The software won't allow me to add the Service "UDP PORT 500" on OUTBOUND.  I get an error message stating that the port is in use or overlaps with HTTPS.

I have a SRX5308 at another location and it works perfectly with L2TP VPN on Windows10.

So is it just a matter of upgrading the firmware if this was a known-unknown issue?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: FVS336Gv2 L2TP VPN on Windows 10

That did NOT work.  I did try that before I posted the original message.  Plus...if that worked, that would mean I or the User would have to perform that on every laptop.  In all honesty, I've had to swap out the FVS for a Linksys 224.  After I couldn't get the Access Points back online after the upgrade, enough was enough.  It was basic economics - I was able to purchase 2 Linksys 224's for the price of one SRX5308.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Can someone reply so I can close this post?

I upgraded to 4.x and lost the configs which I was prepared for based on previous posts by other contributors.  However, what I was NOT prepared for was that my Wireless Access Points (from another vendor competitor) stopped working.  No matter what I tried, the WAPs would not pass traffic.  I reset them to factory defaults, but still nothing.  The interesting part is that I could login to the WAPs since they were connected of course via twisted pair, but they would not pass traffic at all.  Between the FVS and the WAPs is a 8-port netgear hub.

I had to revert back to the 3.x software and the WAPs passed traffic again.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi BrunoCorazon,

About L2TP on Windows 10, let me share this forum link and read on how the problem was resolved.  Check if you could apply the solution on your FVS336Gv2.  Hope it helps. 🙂 

Once you upgrade the firmware from v3.1.1-08 to v4.x, the configuration file from v3.1.1-08 is not possible to be restored on the 4.x firmware.  You will need to reconfigure the FVS336Gv2 from scratch.  I suggest that you make screenshots of the current settings of the FVS336Gv2 while it is still on the v3.1.1-08 firmware.  Then, after you have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, be sure to perform a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2 to have a clean start using the new firmware.  Then, use the screenshots as your guide in reconfiguring the FVS336Gv2 from scratch after doing a factory reset. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to access the forum link I've shared and tried the solution posted?  If yes, kindly let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That did NOT work.  I did try that before I posted the original message.  Plus...if that worked, that would mean I or the User would have to perform that on every laptop.  In all honesty, I've had to swap out the FVS for a Linksys 224.  After I couldn't get the Access Points back online after the upgrade, enough was enough.  It was basic economics - I was able to purchase 2 Linksys 224's for the price of one SRX5308.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements